Enlarged to Show Detail

Thursday, July 07, 2005

IlloFriday...Sport....

sport


well i almost didnt make it this time. but here it is. i decided to take a different approach to illofriday this week. i know its last minute and a bad excuse for not doing something with my paints or pastels, but this is a good way to broaden my medium horizons. i thought i would try using photoshop and use the filters and tools to make my own artwork out of a photograph that was taken. the picture that was altered above, is of me fishing at the Venice Jetties down here in Florida. my boyfriend, Curtis, and I go fishing alot and since its a sport and I do it quite frequently, i thought it would fit the illofriday perfectly and would give me a chance to mess around with a program that im familiar with, but not a pro at. so here it is and i hope you like it. boy once i found that blurring tool, it was all downhill from there. i really liked the way it added those awesome swirls to the water, giving the picture a psychedelic feel to it. after all that fishing, i didnt even catch anything that day. it doesnt matter though, ive made up for it on others. so as always....enjoy.

oh and a little side note.....when cheryl finds out that i used photoshop and actually tried out the graphics world, she will just jump for joy. so here i am cheryl, dipping into your world. hope you like it and maybe you can give me some good pointers.

oh and another little side note....hope you guys like my new photo on here for my profile and comments. its a little sketch that is supposedly a little cartoon version of me. i did it a while back with colored pencils. i thought it was perfect and i think ill stick with it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Firstly, I love your new icon of Chacha :) Secondly, wow that water is beautiful - aren't filters fun! Lastly, your patriotism from 'Heroes' rubbed off and got me thinking. Maybe I am more patriotic than thought :)

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Toyebot said...

I keep wanting to look for something in the twirls...Nice feel to it! Nice pic too, music to your ears.

cheers,
toyebot

4:43 AM

 
Blogger chacha said...

sweet. glad this one got great reviews, and from 2 of my fave artists that ive met in this blogging world. and my icon suits me very well. ive always got my music by my side. thanks for the compliments guys!

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

hey hey...definitely love the icon (but you know the painting you did of that is one of may favs) As for your illo this week....Kudos to you! How great is photoshop, welcome aboard. Ill definitely hit you up with some good tips. I must say although I like the water...I absolutely love the sunlight and shadowing on your shirt and jeans. Looks sharp.

10:28 AM

 
Blogger jmg said...

good work as usual, chach... for me its the water - obviously there's more of it than anything and i'm totally drawn to it... it kinda looks like you're fishing out of the sky... sweet, dude - can't wait for next week's!

12:54 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

It kinda looks like the spirits of all the oceans Dolphins have stopped by to visit with you and ask for fishy snacks! And your icon is groovy!

5:25 PM

 
Blogger chacha said...

gee guys, i love all of your kind words. hopefully i can keep this up and keep shooting out some good artwork for the illofridays to come. thanks! :)

9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i came here last week lookin for your post but i must have been to early.

this looks great!!

from now on you will be saying, but man this would be so easy in photoshop, or painter!

congrats!

-c h r i s

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home