Enlarged to Show Detail

Thursday, June 30, 2005

IlloFriday....Heroes...

heroes

Posted by Hello
well as you can see, i decided to go with the patriotic approach to the illofriday topic of Heroes. with the 4th of july coming up and all this war stuff going on, i figured it was a good time for me to take a second out of my busy day and to salute, if you will, all the men and women who fight for our country. with my sister living up in massachusetts and hanging with alot of folks on the military base, i have had some time to meet and chill with them, man those were good times!! even some of my own friends have joined the forces and are taking care of business. you guys rock. so instead of putting up a picture of my parents or even doing my interpretation of the most delicious hero of them all, a sandwich, i decided to put up one of my favorite art pieces in my collection and put a little patriotism into this illustration friday. not only do i hope all you guys enjoy my artwork and have a very fun and safe 4th of july, but i hope you take a second to appreciate the hard work our troops are doing, no matter how you feel on the whole situation. enjoy.

Also, as cheryl simply stated in her quick comment on here, this piece was painted on a piece of wood. like she said, it doesnt show through on this picture and i wish i could make it a bit bigger, but you get the idea of it on here. and i just thought i would add that to show that ive been using different mediums and using different materials for various outcomes with my art.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Kudos to you chacha! I would have to say that this is my favorite piece of yours! You should mention thats its painted on wood, which in my opinion gives it great character and detail (which doesnt come though in this photo). Keep up the good work! Keep your eyes peeled for my patriotic illofriday which I will be posting later today.

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

Although not one for patriotism, along with being an Ozzie, I like the grooviness in your shimmering flag Chacha and salute you for a painting well done:)

9:59 AM

 
Blogger chacha said...

well ya know to each his/her own, but thanks for the kudos.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Great painting! I like the message of supporting our troops...

10:08 AM

 
Blogger chacha said...

thanks guys! im glad you like it as much as i did the first time i saw it when it was complete. my mom loves this one so i let her hang it in her house :)

1:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks groovy,and great idea!
the war is a tough subject
i hate the idea we have kids dying over there, but maybe its something we have to do.
either way i support the troopses, and i it looks like you do too :)

-chris

9:54 PM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

Told you your flag shimmers :) Us Ozzies have a problem with our flag - we don't like it. Maybe we should get you to design one that shimmers :)

10:18 PM

 
Blogger chacha said...

sweeet. how awesome would that be, but i like your flag. i remember i did a project back in middle school bout your country and i had to do a huge flag for my background of my backboard. i did it out of colored pencils. too bad i didnt take a photo of it. bummer. i like to see everyones flags though, its quite interesting.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

Looks kinda like the swirling water effect represents all the gray areas of the American culture, so that while black and white issues exist, there's still room for the middle gray opinion. Kewl design, Chacha !
:-)

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Toyebot said...

Painted on a piece of wood? Just goes to show anything can be used to create beautiful art!
Happy 4th of July! -toyebot

1:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home