Enlarged to Show Detail

Friday, August 05, 2005

IlloFriday....Aging...

Aging

Posted by Picasa
heres a new attempt to my illofriday once again. eventhough it was probably because i was cutting it close to the deadline, all of my art supplies were at my parents house. so i improvised and thought all day yesterday of something i could throw together that i will still be proud of enough to post on the site and on my blog that would not only reflect my style, but that would still get the topic across clearly. as i was throwing this one together, i was really proud of the outcome and it also gave me another new piece to add to my growing collection. now i just have to work on trying out new sizes to my work. alot of these ones that i just bang out real quick a day or so before, are all usually 8x10 or smaller. with having limited space to do my art the way i would like to, its difficult to work on larger pieces that i was so use to doing. not to mention that these days its harder to store the bigger ones, eventhough they are my most favorite kind to create. the little black box on the hand that is holding the baby says 'one love.' i thought if you clicked on it from my blog it would be big enough to see but it wasnt. bummer. oh well, im still very excited about this piece and i went through a hundred quotes about aging before i found this one that i had to put on there. "Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art" - Garson Kanin. enjoy.

8 Comments:

Blogger vfm4 said...

wow! that says it all...
nice collage

9:05 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

Wonderfully clever and sweet, Chacha ! And that giggling baby is adorable !
:-D

(does the butterfly represent change ?)

2:20 PM

 
Blogger chacha said...

thanks for the comments.
actually, i just liked how the butterflies looked, but if anyone knows about age its them. they wait sooo long to turn into a beautiful butterfly and then are short lived most of them. and that baby is perfect....so adorable!

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

Taking a break from moving....i love this piece. Its a bit different from what you normally do yet almost identical. That is a great quote! Also I like how you put the tree in...trees know aging, the more rings the older the tree. Nice job, keep expanding, and keep up the good work!

4:54 PM

 
Blogger kelly a said...

Thanks for your compliment about my nest illo. One of the things I love about Illo Friday is seeing the different ways the topics are interpreted, defined and given meaning. I look forward to seeing yours...
kelly

11:13 AM

 
Blogger jmg said...

more good stuff, buddy... cute baby, cute butterfly, good idea! can't wait to see what's next!!

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

Great quote, giggling baby and I like the use of a tree's age rings. Those rings remind me of under my eyes as I age. Like your collage Chacha :)

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Toyebot said...

Good stuff Chacha!
who needs art supplies!

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home