Enlarged to Show Detail

Friday, August 12, 2005

IlloFriday...empty....

empty

Posted by Picasa
well here i am, running very, very short of the deadline for the illofriday of empty this week. although, i did make it and before friday morning at that. what now?! heres one that was inspired by myself and by andy warhol's marilyn monroe. i know its not an exact interpretation, but it gave me the idea to use a repetitive image in different colors and different shades. also, what better way to express the topic of empty than with a background of million dollar bills, but empty piggy banks. pritty ironic isnt it?? although when i was younger, my piggy bank was nearly empty and consisted of mostly pennies. if i was to check it now, im sure id be wishing to have those pennies back. ah well. hope you guys like this and hope you give me some comments! tgif tomorrow. cant hardly wait. until then...goodnite and enjoy.

8 Comments:

Blogger vfm4 said...

lovely colorfull illo..

6:03 AM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

You really need to bump the settings on the camera to higher dpi and then enlarge those pics in photoshop so we can see the details! I love this one though. Great color choices! I love this highlights, for some reason I always do. Looking forward to what youll do for wisdom...maybe a tribute to me ;) hehehe

10:05 AM

 
Blogger jmg said...

well, as usual, i love it... and this one kicks more ass because i RELATE to it - i'm broke too! WOO-HOO!!... =)

12:27 PM

 
Blogger chacha said...

i figured everyone could relate to this one at some time in their lives. so it gets everyone attention :) thanks for the comments.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

At some time? Try all the time heheheeee. LOVE these colourful piggies, imagining the million dollar bills are my tablecloth and I can afford to collect piggy banks of all colours :)

2:17 AM

 
Blogger Shano said...

LOL Great take on last week's IF theme of "empty"! I really like your use of colors. I would have never thought to turn the money/background to a neutral color. Clever!

1:59 PM

 
Blogger les said...

Thanks for the comment on my "empty" illo. Yours hits close to home for me. My piggy bank always seems to be lacking!!!

4:26 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Piggy piggy ate my money and won't give it back ! Cute and funny ! Oink oink !!!
:-D

Oooo ! Look ! A penny !
...

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home