Enlarged to Show Detail

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

IlloFriday....Lost...



my my my...i am early this week for illustration friday! last week i just barely got my piece on before the topic expired, and here I am on a Tuesday posting my finished piece. The fact that I already had this piece done has alot to do with it, but its still early! This is one of my bigger pieces that I did back in high school. The quote is actually a line from a Filter song that inspired me to come up with this idea. Ive been waiting to use this one, and finally a subject was revealed that came close to the meaning behind it. The line from the song fit what was going on in my life, at the time, to a tee! I know being a teenager and having only school to stress about, it might seem as though kids blow things way out of proportion and worry about things that just aren't a big deal compared to the real world ahead of them. However, i was in a time in my life when i was being pushed and pulled in every direction about making choices for my future. no matter what kind of ideas or plans i had, even if they were solid and worth making...if it didnt include college, it wasnt a wise choice according to the guidance counselors. so in a sense, i was actually making progress in my life, but then someone would mention to me that i wasnt making smart decisions....stopping me dead in my tracks. the fact that all the confusion and decision making was making me seem like i was lost in the woods, brings me to the meaning behind this weeks illo. i love this piece and i really wanted to share this one with you guys and see what you thought about it. i also wanted to mention how big this piece really is, it is about 4' x 2 1/2'. working on a bigger canvas gives you a better chance to bring the piece to life and to really go crazy with it. enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I really feel where you where when you painted this Chacha! It's sad how much pressure is put on teens and it's getting worse by the year! Thank you for sharing and hope there will be a green light forever for you to steam on ahead!! Love your painting :)

1:07 AM

 
Blogger Toyebot said...

Chacha,
you can do ittt! This is huge! Teens can be tough especially on themselves and still have to deal with outside world. Bold as always, Thanks

3:25 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

That's why sidewalks are available, so that you can go sideways and fool everybody. Hell, look at Bill Gates, he's a college drop-out. Oprah came out of nowhere. And Nelson Mandella spent years in prison.

You never know when you are gonna bloom and slap all those critics and posers in the face. POW !!!
Let em have it kiddo.

P.S. luv the World of Darkness goth look to your traffic light !
:-)

8:22 PM

 
Blogger IamOSI said...

i wanted to thank you for leaving a comment for spike. your kind words were very comforting. cocker spaniels rock.

im diggin your piece for illfriday. its very bold and you can feel the emotion.

btw, tag, you're it.

4:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home