Enlarged to Show Detail

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Illofriday....Roots....


soooo, this one came to me at the last minute....really. i had sketched out a few things over the past couple of days, but nothing was hitting me enough to put up here, so i was just gonna skip it! then, i was just laying in my bed ready to close my eyes and enter slumberland, when i just realized i had a good painting i could use for this topic! this one was one i did back in my high school days, and was one of the pieces my art teacher loved and had matted for me. i remember this one taking me sooo long to do too, i was trying really hard to get the shades down pat, because as you can see, this is another...no dont say it.....watercolor!!!! but eventhough this is a watercolor, it is not a landscape or some sort of floral piece, but something different with a little chacha flare behind it. so here it is, better last minute than never. and i hope im not breaking any unwritten illustration friday rules by using some older stuff. i do like this one and i love the colors i chose. so here it is! enjoy!

5 Comments:

Blogger pinomino said...

I think it is lovely. I also liked your contrast colors. It is full of energy. And I think it is a good idea to share your past work with us..

1:46 AM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

Wow I can see what you mean by putting time into the right shading. It's important to bring out old work - sometimes it spurs on an extension of creativity to produce a new image. Lots of energy :)

4:15 AM

 
Blogger PaintMonster said...

Nice take and thank you for your drop to my blog!
Jyamata!!

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Toyebot said...

high school days...ahhhh...gym shorts and french fries. Oops, flashback. The red and green really vibrate and the way the leaves weave is very cool. Good choice!

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

Hhehehee ... watch me break an unwritten illustration friday rule next week };-} shhhhhh

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home