Enlarged to Show Detail

Saturday, January 21, 2006

E is for enthusiastic....



so here it is guys....the illo that i had finished but just couldnt get up here on my blog in time. i was very happy with the outcome, eventhough i went through about 5 or 6 different layouts. i just decided in the end that craziness was always a good choice for my work, instead of trying to sit there and make some kind of pattern or meaning to the way that i pasted the E's on. all this one consists of is newspaper, acrylics, and a black sharpie. i loved the colors i had chosen, they just worked so well with each other that i couldnt stop painting Es...i had used almost an entire newspaper - the sunday edition mind you! oh yeah before i close out this post, i would like to thank the Charlotte Sun newspaper, for this piece would have never come to life if it hadnt been for their wonderful contribution. have a good weekend and enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I love it chacha. The colors did come out great! I really enjoy the orange crossword E, I just picked that one right out for some reason. Id love to see a thick black outline on the Es. I think that would make some of them pop a little more.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Anonymous said...

I also LOVE IT! It looks great - hope it's hung somewhere!

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Even if you didn't get it up "on time"... here I am looking at it... because of the links...

2:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home