Enlarged to Show Detail

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Illofriday....cold...


alright, so heres my new illo. yet again, something a little different from me but i think it worked out well. this idea came to me while i was at work. i usually run aolradio on my computer, which helps me get through my day. they have an all dave matthews channel, which i frequent a few times a day. when i heard one of the songs i love, 'grey street' one of the lines caught my attention and gave me the idea for this piece. the line that inspired me is...'and though its red blood bleeding from her now, it feels like cold blue ice in her heart....' i know my piece isnt a snowy winter scene or even a tray of freezing cold ice cubes, but i wanted to take a different approach to the topic. i had the 'cold hearted' theme going through my head, but that line gave me the complete picture to finish the sketchy idea i started with. this one is just acrylics and watercolors on a flat canvas panel. they were having alot of sales and putting out alot of coupons in the paper for Michaels, so i stocked up on some more canvas' instead of using cardboard like i usually do. so as always.....enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Oooh, I have a thing for drippy paintings ... this is COLD and I like it! The song seems to be about a dead person? Nothing colder than a cold dead heart!

1:46 AM

 
Blogger Nicolás said...

ohh it's so cold... good job

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

oh I like it. It looks like a heart on someones window and its cold and rainy outside. The dark colors give it even more of that cold feeling. Brrr, speaking of, its getting cold here =(

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home